Michael Townsend with Quality Architecture Design and Construction Fully bilingual american, can perform work to US/Canadian standards.Very responsive and communicative.I have had him complete numerous projects in my home including, a full kitchen remodel.Highly recommended.
I would like to give a thank you to Sylvia. I have been ordering food from her for a couple of years. Last year after a hip replacement she went out of her way to make us our favorites even though they weren’t on the menu for the week. Again after a double knee replacement she has done it again. The quality of the food is wonderful. Everything is fresh and natural. She has a weekly menu.
I would like to give a thank you to Sylvia. I have been ordering food from her for a couple of years. Last year after a hip replacement she went out of her way to make us our favorites even though they weren’t on the menu for the week. Again after a double knee replacement she has done it again. The quality of the food is wonderful. Everything is fresh and natural. She has a weekly menu.
A couple of weeks ago, Ron Smith inspected the house we are buying in SMA. For a very reasonable price Ron spent 3 ½ hours methodically looking at the roof, the plumbing, the wiring, the water treatment equipment, the surface condition, etc. of the house. My husband, Larry, tagged along with him and learned a lot about the house from his commentary; he never tired of answering Larry’s questions and providing explanations.
His report, which arrived one day later, is 32 pages long. It is well organized and thorough, with many annotated pictures. Both in the report and in his explanations he distinguished between “should be done immediately,” “is normal wear and tear and should be taken care of in the near future,” and of course “this looks good.”
I hope all the people we deal with in the future in SMA will be as knowledgeable and thorough as Ron.
Thank you Ron and the fine people of SMA.
Suzanna Dworsky
I second the praise for Silvia Cadena, she has helped me with the same issues plus the purchase of a MX plated car. I have also worked with her to provide adult diapers for the residents at Alma. At her expense of time and money she goes to Celaya to get them. We have probably all benefitted from her advice on this list which she also shares at no cost even when it is her livelihood. She is truly a sharp lovely and giving lady.
–Trudi
5 years ago, I came to San Miguel with paperwork given by the Mexican embassy in Sacramento. Silvia Cadena helped me obtain the visa within the allotted time and with a minimal amount of effort on my part. I needed proof of residency and photos and she did all the rest without a hitch. I think it cost about $4,000 mp. She has since helped me get my permanent residency visa, INAPAM, Seguro Popular and Mexican driver’s license. She and her staff are so helpful. They do all the running around and bring the documents to your home. Plus, she donates sooooo much to the community helping people and animals in need. And if you don’t speak English I strongly recommend you get professional help like Silvia. I feel privileged to know her.
A friend and I also did the Finca Luna Serena tour recently, and it was really wonderful. Victor is a superb host, the farm is beautiful, and the food was great. I am a vegetarian, and they made me a special vegetarian plate that was delightful. Support the local olive oil we have here in San Miguel, and take the tour! You will learn and enjoy at the same time, so who can ask for more?
Recently, enjoyed an afternoon in the country and took the tour of the Olive Farm. Victor, the owner and host is a delight! He gave a short presentation explaining the different grades of olive oil before touting the olive groves…My friends and I signed up for the lunch and tour. The food was delicious, and we were treated to some of Victor’s private label mezcal… Best I have ever tasted!
We had a wonderful time, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this “not to be missed experience!”
Malinda is the travel agent we have been missing in the USA for the past 20 years, at least. She actually negotiated with United Airlines for me and secured three round trips to Houston for what I would have paid for two, had I done it myself. Can plan great travel itineraries for you, too, world-wide. She’s the best.
I always regretted the loss years ago of travel agents–I could just call my favorite one and say I wanted to go here and there on these dates and they’d just handle it, knowing my preferences from experience
These days you have the “convenience” of doing it all yourself from the comfort of your home–meaning, sweat it out for hours on the computer and never know if you got a good deal really.
Well, today I was confronted with a complicated itinerary involving multiple countries over the next month and a friend recommended I visit with Melinda at Viajes Vertiz on Hidalgo. I took his advice and what a great experience.
She quickly nailed all the alternatives and then methodically worked the options until we had the best price and route, which happened to be WAY less than anything I had found and with a less hassle route. She made the reservations, gave me all the paperwork, and charged me something like $30.
Needless to say I will be back. Very happy to have this group on our team.
Michael Townsend with Quality Architecture Design and Construction Fully bilingual american, can perform work to US/Canadian standards.Very responsive and communicative.I have had him complete numerous projects in my home including, a full kitchen remodel.Highly recommended.
Dave R
I would like to give a thank you to Sylvia. I have been ordering food from her for a couple of years. Last year after a hip replacement she went out of her way to make us our favorites even though they weren’t on the menu for the week. Again after a double knee replacement she has done it again. The quality of the food is wonderful. Everything is fresh and natural. She has a weekly menu.
Katy
I would like to give a thank you to Sylvia. I have been ordering food from her for a couple of years. Last year after a hip replacement she went out of her way to make us our favorites even though they weren’t on the menu for the week. Again after a double knee replacement she has done it again. The quality of the food is wonderful. Everything is fresh and natural. She has a weekly menu.
A couple of weeks ago, Ron Smith inspected the house we are buying in SMA. For a very reasonable price Ron spent 3 ½ hours methodically looking at the roof, the plumbing, the wiring, the water treatment equipment, the surface condition, etc. of the house. My husband, Larry, tagged along with him and learned a lot about the house from his commentary; he never tired of answering Larry’s questions and providing explanations.
His report, which arrived one day later, is 32 pages long. It is well organized and thorough, with many annotated pictures. Both in the report and in his explanations he distinguished between “should be done immediately,” “is normal wear and tear and should be taken care of in the near future,” and of course “this looks good.”
I hope all the people we deal with in the future in SMA will be as knowledgeable and thorough as Ron.
Thank you Ron and the fine people of SMA.
Suzanna Dworsky
I second the praise for Silvia Cadena, she has helped me with the same issues plus the purchase of a MX plated car. I have also worked with her to provide adult diapers for the residents at Alma. At her expense of time and money she goes to Celaya to get them. We have probably all benefitted from her advice on this list which she also shares at no cost even when it is her livelihood. She is truly a sharp lovely and giving lady.
–Trudi
5 years ago, I came to San Miguel with paperwork given by the Mexican embassy in Sacramento. Silvia Cadena helped me obtain the visa within the allotted time and with a minimal amount of effort on my part. I needed proof of residency and photos and she did all the rest without a hitch. I think it cost about $4,000 mp. She has since helped me get my permanent residency visa, INAPAM, Seguro Popular and Mexican driver’s license. She and her staff are so helpful. They do all the running around and bring the documents to your home. Plus, she donates sooooo much to the community helping people and animals in need. And if you don’t speak English I strongly recommend you get professional help like Silvia. I feel privileged to know her.
Kathleen
A friend and I also did the Finca Luna Serena tour recently, and it was really wonderful. Victor is a superb host, the farm is beautiful, and the food was great. I am a vegetarian, and they made me a special vegetarian plate that was delightful. Support the local olive oil we have here in San Miguel, and take the tour! You will learn and enjoy at the same time, so who can ask for more?
Christina
Recently, enjoyed an afternoon in the country and took the tour of the Olive Farm. Victor, the owner and host is a delight! He gave a short presentation explaining the different grades of olive oil before touting the olive groves…My friends and I signed up for the lunch and tour. The food was delicious, and we were treated to some of Victor’s private label mezcal… Best I have ever tasted!
We had a wonderful time, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this “not to be missed experience!”
Isobel
Malinda is the travel agent we have been missing in the USA for the past 20 years, at least. She actually negotiated with United Airlines for me and secured three round trips to Houston for what I would have paid for two, had I done it myself. Can plan great travel itineraries for you, too, world-wide. She’s the best.
Joan M.
I always regretted the loss years ago of travel agents–I could just call my favorite one and say I wanted to go here and there on these dates and they’d just handle it, knowing my preferences from experience
These days you have the “convenience” of doing it all yourself from the comfort of your home–meaning, sweat it out for hours on the computer and never know if you got a good deal really.
Well, today I was confronted with a complicated itinerary involving multiple countries over the next month and a friend recommended I visit with Melinda at Viajes Vertiz on Hidalgo. I took his advice and what a great experience.
She quickly nailed all the alternatives and then methodically worked the options until we had the best price and route, which happened to be WAY less than anything I had found and with a less hassle route. She made the reservations, gave me all the paperwork, and charged me something like $30.
Needless to say I will be back. Very happy to have this group on our team.
All the best,
Clay Primrose