User banner image
User avatar
  • DiscoverSMA

Reviews

DiscoverSMA

Just came back from Muro’s Restaurant's, every other Friday Night, 4 or 5 course, fixed menu dinner.

Excellent food, on par with what you find in big cities. The service is like you were on a cruise ship.

There was someone singing Jazz Standards on the roof top bar before the meal was serviced. Fun.

And the owner is super nice and joy to talk with, in English or Spanish.

Well worth the trip to Obraje. Call ahead; these are reservation only dinners.

David

DiscoverSMA

When I got ready to list my home, I contacted several real estate agents to see what they thought of my home. Most were less than excited about the prospects. Except for Chrystal Calderoni. She thought that my home was a good buy and was excited to have it as a listing
So for this project, Chrystal teamed up with Christian Malik with Caldwell Banker Smart. In less than a month and several showings, a buyer was found and the sale was completed. I could not have been more pleased with Chrystal and Christian’s professionalism and thoroughness with the whole process. I recommend them both unreservedly.
Billy Parker

DiscoverSMA

Only 10 minutes from town and they will meet you at Luciernega and escort you there.

You HAVE to go on it!! Amazing!!! Only $400 p and incl 10 different olive oil tasting, education on olive oils, tour of their incredible gardens and then a lunch to die for – different menus but we had several different oils, olives, bread – incl original style bruchetta where you put a clove of garlic and piece of tomato on your pats and then rub the tomato and garlic on the bread with oils + tampenade.

Pasta with your choice of olive oil + fresh basil, dill, oregano, rosemary from their garden and Parmesan cheese, Lebanon Swiss chard with mint rice, Moroccan lamb ravine with veggies, chocolate flourless cake with olive oil gelato and a creme type frais and bottle of wine.

They will accommodate all diet restrictions. Super!

Saludos,
Ivy

DiscoverSMA

Yesterday I was at a large Easter dinner gathering, and during the activities, I stood up from my chair and went into a dead faint!

Folks said I just gracefully floated to the ground, landing on my back. I was immediately tended to by wonderful, caring people, then taken by friends to an emergency medical facility called UNIMED, located across from La Comer, between the Guadalajara Pharmacy and the mall.

The service was excellent, it was determined that my blood pressure had dropped to a very low level, thus causing the faint.bvbvOtherwise, I was pronounced fine, given a prescription and taken home to rest and recover. We went there because Joey Merrifield, also at the event, said that we should go there. GRACIAS Joey!

I just want to shout out for this facility, which I believe is a much-needed addition to our community. They are open 24/7, with a board-certified emergency physician always in attendance. This is a great resource, life-saving, in my case –

Many thanks to UNIMED!

Elsmarie

DiscoverSMA

After failing at both Costco locations to find Spanikopita, I decided to try Greece on Wheels (Sylvia Stamatakis) out of desperation. What I was happy to find out is that the bite-sized pieces were bigger and better than Costco’s and were delivered to my door for a ridiculously low price!

Recommend you try her for that and other items as well!
Alice Edwards

DiscoverSMA

Since out-of-pocket costs are so low in Mexico, I have a high-deductible “catastrophic” health policy with Alliance. I got the policy through Victor Ruiz.

Unfortunately, I had occasion to use the insurance as the result of a bad horse riding accident. I couldn’t have been more pleased by the quality of service and coverage. Everything was handled by Alliance and all payments were promptly made.

Good luck.
Nancy Weber

DiscoverSMA

“Lovely gallery overlooking the Jardin”

This gallery, owned by the very welcoming Susan Santiago, is filled with great art, sculpture, and jewelry by local artists. There seems to be something for just about anyone’s taste and budget. Additionally, they frequently offer art classes on site, and I just took two fabulous ones by mixed media artist Jane Dill. She is an excellent teacher, offering demos and practice every step of the way, so people feel pretty confident as they begin working on their final pieces. I was delighted with the work I completed, plus I have all sorts of information and material to take home with me so I can (hopefully) do more mixed media projects on my own. Both the gallery and the classes are highly recommended.

DiscoverSMA

I strongly recommend Michael Townsend of Quality Architectura Diseno y Construccion.

Michael handles renovations and new buildings, as well as paint jobs. He has a fantastic team and does great work for reasonable prices.

Michael did a minor renovation (two bathrooms) and complete paint job on my house, inside and out. He was on schedule and easy to work with. He has lived in San Miguel for many years and is bilingual.

Catharine

DiscoverSMA

The best Italian restaurant in SMA, recommend the daily special, always something different. The seafood is so fresh and we’ll cooked. The salads are also fresh, their wine selection is extensive . We love it there, frequent 3 tims per week.
Highly recommend.
Elizabeth

DiscoverSMA

Congratulations for your 1st place finish in the 2017 SMART Awards!

Firenze had recaptured the crown and was, once again, San Miguel de Allende’s favorite restaurant.

I congratulated Antonio and told him I was looking forward to the 2018 SMARTs dinner at Firenze. Antonio’s response: “I’m already planning the menu.”