I moved here over 12 years ago and the vets at PetVet have cared for all my cats. Drs. Alma, Tulio and Abraham are dedicated, professional and caring doctors. I trust them with the lives of my animals I find the original post unbelievable in several respects. I don’t think anonymous posts for a friend to be an honorable way to present a problem. I don’t believe the vets would mistake a male for a female cat, nor do I think they’d return an animal with a high fever to its owner.
I will continue to take my pets to PetVet. Regards, Marcia
We just completed a tour of the new UNIMED facility located at Plaza 4 Quince, Salida a Ceyala No. 3 or across from La Comer. To say we were impressed is an understatement! UNIMED is much more than an ER or Urgent Care facility, although it is certainly that! Already installed is an X-Ray machine, CAT Scan, Mammogram and the MRI installation is almost completed and more that I can’t remember! A full lab is also being added and in addition to the two existing patient rooms they are adding 8 more. The surgical suite with operating room and recovery room was extremely professional and top-quality. And a heart cath capability is also on the way.
The staff is fully bi-lingual and an ER trained doctor is on site 24 hours with any necessary specialists readily available. All four of us were extremely impressed. And then we took a “tour” of the ambulance!
Their ambulance service is fully staffed by trained EMT’s and the array of equipment on board was very impressive, including the ability to incubate in the ambulance. The ambulance always has a driver and a trained, certified EMT on board and is ready to roll.
If that isn’t enough, they also offer air ambulance service for quick evacuation if necessary.
Finally, the kicker for me was that they accept medical insurance (after verification, of course) of my insurance plan which is Medicare Advantage from Memorial Herman in Houston.
The Medical Director and Doctor of Emergency Medicine happens to be one of my neighbors so he invited us over for a tour and wow are we glad we went. His name is Dr. Emilio Ramirez.
The telephone numbers are
415-120-0465-clinic/ambulance
415-121-9150-clinic/ambulance
322-109-1414-cell
619-754-6755-US office
001-888-276-4052-Mexico toll free
This is a welcome facility and capability for San Miguel. Very well equipped; professionally staffed; convenient; accept insurance and credit cards and are always ready to roll. Well worth a visit and definitely the first call we will make in an emergency.
There are some wonderful bakeries in San Miguel de Allende. Each has different specialties.
The Verintort bakery made a wonderful birthday cake for us last week. It was chocolate, and it was made with a light touch, not too sweet, and very velvety.
Everyone commented on the different taste, and I believe they use better quality shortening than some other bakeries, and I know they have some cakes made with honey. This one was just less sweet than a normal cake, but I am not sure of the sweetener. It was decorated elegantly as well.
The bakery is owned by a Ukraine woman ( or family) and it is charming. At the moment they are doing two for one breakfast, featuring Vera’s special crepes. There is lovely art in the space as well. \It is quite small, just a few tables, and a nice intimate space.
Give it try! They have a website.
Please don’t ask me about their hours, etc., just contact them.
Location: Codo 20A, Centro, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto.
Phone: 01 415 121 4398
We just returned home from an astonishing nosing dinner for nine at Juan’s Italian Emporium, better known as Los Olivos de Denver! Starting with our custom made salads and a few glasses of red and white wine we were ready for a great meal and Juan did not disappoint us! If my memory is correct, there were two plates of spaghetti with meat balls, two plates of eggplant parmigiana plus penne pasta, one plate of chicken parmigiana, two plates of penne pasta with Juan’s homemade Italian sausage and then I had Bill’s Especial! Starting with perfectly cooked penne pasta, Juan added some ricotta cheese then bolognese sauce plus his homemade Italian sausage and one meatball plus Parmesan cheese on top. Wow was it incredible! I intended to bring home half for tomorrow but my inner diet voice was smothered and I have to confess- I ATE THE WHOLE THING! OK, there I said it, it was so dad-gummed good that I could not resist!
It you are hungry; if you like great, homemade, fresh food; if you like Italian; if you like your meal prepared exclusively for you, just the way YOU want it, then Juan’s' Los Olivos de Denver is the best and only place to go in San Miguel! A table for nine was handled very well and we had enough space and just enough time to order and enjoy our meal. BTW you will love the order process that guarantees a “build it your way experience” every time!
Located about 46 steps off Sterling Dickinson at 20 De Enero Sur, #44 the restaurant is so easy to get to that even an old Texan could find it!
And did I mention his wine list has expanded which of course is a good thing if you are a restaurant owner serving Italian food in San Miguel. I know he had a good Malbec and Pinot Grigio plus a couple of other reds as well.
Lastly, if you haven’t figured it out by now, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE AND RECOMMEND Juan’s Los Olivos de Denver to you. He also offers delivery service. Call for reservations at 415-150- 0239 and tell him, ” Bill sent me!” Might be one of the best decisions you have made. And be sure to tell everyone else if you like it as much as I did! Thanks and good eating! Ciao!
We just had a wonderful dinnner at Los Olivos de Denver, 20 de Enero Sur
#44. The menu is Italian, with each item able to be created just as you
want it. I had spaghetti and meatballs, and my husband had stuffed pepper.
Both were outstanding.
The street is off Sterling Dickenson. The staff is warm and friendly, the
owner right there to be sure your dinner is just like you want it.
Please visit this wonderful restaurant. Don’t miss it.
We just had a wonderful meal with 6 of us at Mon Bistro Restaurant out in Los Labradores on Friday night. The food was delicious, classic French, steaks, fish, cesar salad, french onion soup – wonderful atmosphere and a guitar player in the background really added to our evening, not to mention a rockin’ thunder & lightening storm!
They also have some amazing art on the walls. Owner, Gilles Vachon has partnered with the Galeria San Francisco and is featuring 3 of their artists: Susan Santiago, Jane Dill and Robert Sweeny. All the artwork is for sale, so it’s a great opportunity to appreciate local San Miguel art and reach a new audience.
Definitely worth the trip out to Los Labradores (our first time there). Reservations – call 415-121-6386. They welcome the VIP card too.
We thoroughly enjoyed dinner last weekend at Mon Bistro in their new location at Rancho Los Labradores. Onion soup, caesar salad, filet mignons, and yes, martinis were all perfectly prepared and delicious. Gilles’ oversight, attentive service, unlimited views and very talented musician add to make it the perfect evening. Underground parking available which is great for rainy season.
Patrick
After months with 20 de Enero being totally torn up, Denver’s wonderful Italian restaurant can again be accessed from Stirling Dickinson, just up a few doors. I was there today and the food is better than ever. Denver is now making his own Italian sausage and after years of looking for authentic Italian sausage, it’s finally here! He is also
selling it for you to take home. Denver’s is open Wednesdays through Saturdays, for lunch and dinner. Get back to some of the best Italian food in San Miguel, and help keep Denver open!
Elsmarie
We had lunch toady at El Vergel. It was pouring raing, but we were able to get a table inside. They walked Arlena from the car to the restaurant under the umbrella.
The food was very good. I had a Chicken Sandwich and Arlena had the Bistro Burger. Well prepared and excellent service.
We had the pleasure of dining at this new location and were wonderfully pleased. Reservations were easy, entrance to the gated community was without delay and the venue was first rate. We particularly enjoyed the opportunity of dining on a private balcony ( off of the main dining room) that had a spectacular view. We were fortunate to take in a gorgeous rain storm in the distance. Our meals were first rate.
I moved here over 12 years ago and the vets at PetVet have cared for all my cats. Drs. Alma, Tulio and Abraham are dedicated, professional and caring doctors. I trust them with the lives of my animals I find the original post unbelievable in several respects. I don’t think anonymous posts for a friend to be an honorable way to present a problem. I don’t believe the vets would mistake a male for a female cat, nor do I think they’d return an animal with a high fever to its owner.
I will continue to take my pets to PetVet. Regards, Marcia
We just completed a tour of the new UNIMED facility located at Plaza 4 Quince, Salida a Ceyala No. 3 or across from La Comer. To say we were impressed is an understatement! UNIMED is much more than an ER or Urgent Care facility, although it is certainly that! Already installed is an X-Ray machine, CAT Scan, Mammogram and the MRI installation is almost completed and more that I can’t remember! A full lab is also being added and in addition to the two existing patient rooms they are adding 8 more. The surgical suite with operating room and recovery room was extremely professional and top-quality. And a heart cath capability is also on the way.
The staff is fully bi-lingual and an ER trained doctor is on site 24 hours with any necessary specialists readily available. All four of us were extremely impressed. And then we took a “tour” of the ambulance!
Their ambulance service is fully staffed by trained EMT’s and the array of equipment on board was very impressive, including the ability to incubate in the ambulance. The ambulance always has a driver and a trained, certified EMT on board and is ready to roll.
If that isn’t enough, they also offer air ambulance service for quick evacuation if necessary.
Finally, the kicker for me was that they accept medical insurance (after verification, of course) of my insurance plan which is Medicare Advantage from Memorial Herman in Houston.
The Medical Director and Doctor of Emergency Medicine happens to be one of my neighbors so he invited us over for a tour and wow are we glad we went. His name is Dr. Emilio Ramirez.
The telephone numbers are
415-120-0465-clinic/ambulance
415-121-9150-clinic/ambulance
322-109-1414-cell
619-754-6755-US office
001-888-276-4052-Mexico toll free
This is a welcome facility and capability for San Miguel. Very well equipped; professionally staffed; convenient; accept insurance and credit cards and are always ready to roll. Well worth a visit and definitely the first call we will make in an emergency.
Bill Turney
There are some wonderful bakeries in San Miguel de Allende. Each has different specialties.
The Verintort bakery made a wonderful birthday cake for us last week. It was chocolate, and it was made with a light touch, not too sweet, and very velvety.
Everyone commented on the different taste, and I believe they use better quality shortening than some other bakeries, and I know they have some cakes made with honey. This one was just less sweet than a normal cake, but I am not sure of the sweetener. It was decorated elegantly as well.
The bakery is owned by a Ukraine woman ( or family) and it is charming. At the moment they are doing two for one breakfast, featuring Vera’s special crepes. There is lovely art in the space as well. \It is quite small, just a few tables, and a nice intimate space.
Give it try! They have a website.
Please don’t ask me about their hours, etc., just contact them.
Location: Codo 20A, Centro, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto.
Phone: 01 415 121 4398
Christina
We just returned home from an astonishing nosing dinner for nine at Juan’s Italian Emporium, better known as Los Olivos de Denver! Starting with our custom made salads and a few glasses of red and white wine we were ready for a great meal and Juan did not disappoint us! If my memory is correct, there were two plates of spaghetti with meat balls, two plates of eggplant parmigiana plus penne pasta, one plate of chicken parmigiana, two plates of penne pasta with Juan’s homemade Italian sausage and then I had Bill’s Especial! Starting with perfectly cooked penne pasta, Juan added some ricotta cheese then bolognese sauce plus his homemade Italian sausage and one meatball plus Parmesan cheese on top. Wow was it incredible! I intended to bring home half for tomorrow but my inner diet voice was smothered and I have to confess- I ATE THE WHOLE THING! OK, there I said it, it was so dad-gummed good that I could not resist!
It you are hungry; if you like great, homemade, fresh food; if you like Italian; if you like your meal prepared exclusively for you, just the way YOU want it, then Juan’s' Los Olivos de Denver is the best and only place to go in San Miguel! A table for nine was handled very well and we had enough space and just enough time to order and enjoy our meal. BTW you will love the order process that guarantees a “build it your way experience” every time!
Located about 46 steps off Sterling Dickinson at 20 De Enero Sur, #44 the restaurant is so easy to get to that even an old Texan could find it!
And did I mention his wine list has expanded which of course is a good thing if you are a restaurant owner serving Italian food in San Miguel. I know he had a good Malbec and Pinot Grigio plus a couple of other reds as well.
Lastly, if you haven’t figured it out by now, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE AND RECOMMEND Juan’s Los Olivos de Denver to you. He also offers delivery service. Call for reservations at 415-150- 0239 and tell him, ” Bill sent me!” Might be one of the best decisions you have made. And be sure to tell everyone else if you like it as much as I did! Thanks and good eating! Ciao!
Bill Turney
We just had a wonderful dinnner at Los Olivos de Denver, 20 de Enero Sur
#44. The menu is Italian, with each item able to be created just as you
want it. I had spaghetti and meatballs, and my husband had stuffed pepper.
Both were outstanding.
The street is off Sterling Dickenson. The staff is warm and friendly, the
owner right there to be sure your dinner is just like you want it.
Please visit this wonderful restaurant. Don’t miss it.
Marie
We just had a wonderful meal with 6 of us at Mon Bistro Restaurant out in Los Labradores on Friday night. The food was delicious, classic French, steaks, fish, cesar salad, french onion soup – wonderful atmosphere and a guitar player in the background really added to our evening, not to mention a rockin’ thunder & lightening storm!
They also have some amazing art on the walls. Owner, Gilles Vachon has partnered with the Galeria San Francisco and is featuring 3 of their artists: Susan Santiago, Jane Dill and Robert Sweeny. All the artwork is for sale, so it’s a great opportunity to appreciate local San Miguel art and reach a new audience.
Definitely worth the trip out to Los Labradores (our first time there). Reservations – call 415-121-6386. They welcome the VIP card too.
Rog
We thoroughly enjoyed dinner last weekend at Mon Bistro in their new location at Rancho Los Labradores. Onion soup, caesar salad, filet mignons, and yes, martinis were all perfectly prepared and delicious. Gilles’ oversight, attentive service, unlimited views and very talented musician add to make it the perfect evening. Underground parking available which is great for rainy season.
Patrick
After months with 20 de Enero being totally torn up, Denver’s wonderful Italian restaurant can again be accessed from Stirling Dickinson, just up a few doors. I was there today and the food is better than ever. Denver is now making his own Italian sausage and after years of looking for authentic Italian sausage, it’s finally here! He is also
selling it for you to take home. Denver’s is open Wednesdays through Saturdays, for lunch and dinner. Get back to some of the best Italian food in San Miguel, and help keep Denver open!
Elsmarie
We had lunch toady at El Vergel. It was pouring raing, but we were able to get a table inside. They walked Arlena from the car to the restaurant under the umbrella.
The food was very good. I had a Chicken Sandwich and Arlena had the Bistro Burger. Well prepared and excellent service.
Ron Lenox
We had the pleasure of dining at this new location and were wonderfully pleased. Reservations were easy, entrance to the gated community was without delay and the venue was first rate. We particularly enjoyed the opportunity of dining on a private balcony ( off of the main dining room) that had a spectacular view. We were fortunate to take in a gorgeous rain storm in the distance. Our meals were first rate.
I had the Boeuf Bourguignon and it was wonderful. My husband had the house specialty: Parmesan flambé. The presentation was excellent and the dish was superb. I would possibly suggest sharing this meal as it is quite substantial. However my husband enjoyed leftovers today for lunch. The owners (Gilles and Alexis) were very gracious and our waiter Diego most accommodating. Caesar salad (we shared) was very good and dessert (sweet pizza) was delicious.
This is a place not to be missed!
SJ