User banner image
User avatar
  • DiscoverSMA

Reviews

DiscoverSMA

Carlos Ramírez is a terrific caregiver.

A friend became so ill with bronchitis she couldn’t care for herself. Carlos went the extra mile to not only provide her care, buy groceries and medicines and even give her foot massages. She told me now that she’s living alone even if she gets a cold she’s going to call Carlos.

If you’re living alone and need help when you are not felling well, he is a terrific resource.

DiscoverSMA

Arturo is fantastic! I had problems finding a couple of prescription refills and did not want to drive around town trying to find them. I sent a WhatsApp message to Arturo and he called within a few minutes.

I gave him the names of the prescriptions and he delivered them within an hour!

Great service! Thank you, Arturo!

DiscoverSMA

Just received my order via Uber Eats! Muy rico! You have to try this place!

DiscoverSMA

Carla and I ate here for the first time and everything you have heard is correct! Great Ribs! Smoked over mesquite, think, tender and delicious. You must try this place.

The deliver too!

DiscoverSMA

I’m in love. Been going to the parque every night.

It’s magical and mesmerizing. Footpaths meander. Kids are on bikes. And trikes. And scooters. Parents are teaching their kids how to ride. Everyone, and I mean everyone … is smiling. There was nothing imposingly loud … just the sound of muted laughter. Soft talking. People are playing ball. No nets or goals .. just kicking and chasing them. Lots of well behaved dogs. And a policeman on a quad watches over us.

It is like the 1950’s. I only saw 2 cell phones. Because people were busy having fun and interacting.

The paths are so wide that I am not an endangered species should a bike pass. It’s easy to walk … on the paths inside … or outside. There is oodles of parking on the wide surrounding road ring. And another foot path outside that. And a running trail further outside that.

There are lawns to sit on and a lagoon with 2 fountains to just sit and enjoy. Nothing is rigid. Lines flow and seating is sprinkled. I watched as they rounded corners of concrete pavers so casual seating on edgings of the paths would be more inviting to sit on. People sit and talk and picnic and smile. So many smiles.

And … the kiddy play area has it’s own little path. With a line in the middle so the little ones can learn … Sidewalk 101. It’s working!!!! I watched them stay in their own lane!!!

I am not sure when it closes, but at dusk the lights begin … first one section and then another. You can see SMA proper in the distance, it, too, twinkling on.

It’s not the same today. Today is Candelaria. And it is beautiful. You can still walk around outside and the lawns are still open. I suppose the weekend will have the parking maxed out.

For a long time I have gotten tired in the late afternoon. So I rest and work on the computer. Wished I would move more. But nothing enticed.

Now towards the end of the day I go to the park and do a few laps. It is refreshing … physically and spiritually and most especially seeing the happy people.

DiscoverSMA

I agree! I recently used Barry to photograph my home. He did a wonderful job and was a pleasure to work with!
Patricia

DiscoverSMA

He is helping me with an issue. He kept me focused, instead if my usual rambling ( old age or what?!)
When I searched for attys, on Google, he has 5-stars,,, and i had already received recommendations to use him, from people who had used his services , or knew about hi.

Sooo, you should know he has earned stellar remarks …. he is bi-lingual and I left his office feeling I am in good hands‼️I meant to include his card , but I will promptly post

DiscoverSMA

I have tried four different framers (for photos, paintings, artwork) in San Miguel. In my opinion the absolute best is Fernando Berganza at Lagundi

Umaran #17 (at Hernandez Macias)
415-152-0830

He just finished a huge project for me and everything was professionally perfect and reasonably priced. He demands excellence and produces it. He speaks perfect english.

DiscoverSMA

Dear Customers, old and new,

El Buen Café is once again a full-time restaurant, from 9am-9pm, Tuesday-Saturday. We’ll be featuring a seasonal menu that will change every three months. To enhance this experience, we’re planting a large organic garden with fruit trees and herbs, which will provide for the café as well as the cooking school. It’s a new era in the restaurant’s 28-year history.

In the summer, Mexico’s markets transform, just like the countryside, into places of exquisite abundance. Perusing the stalls, you’ll find buckets filled with just-picked squash blossoms and tuna in shades of yellow, plum, and scarlet. Pomegranates are piled onto tables, some split open to show their shimmering red seeds. Multi-colored cobs of corn roast over charcoal fires and chunks of huitlacoche, just cut from these same cobs, entice people who long for the season’s delicacies.

Our first menu features dishes derived from this natural bounty as well as old-time café favorites. Here’s a sampling:

Guacamole in the molcajete
Seared Cheese with Roasted Tomato-Poblano Salsa

Tortilla Soup
Squash Blossom Soup
Pear Salad with Candied Pecans
Chicken Curry Salad

Huitlacoche Quesadillas
Chiles en Nogada
Salmon with Mango-Chipotle Salsa
Grilled Vegetable Fajitas
Shrimp al Ajillo

Fried Chicken Tacos with Guacamole
Mole Enchiladas
….plus more

Please come and join us to bring in a new era.

El Buen Café–San Jorge 26, colonia San Antonio, close to the corner of Sabino
Reservations: 154-4825 or buencafe@yahoo.com
*please let us know in advance for parties of 5 or more

*Hamburger night will continue, but at its new location on Calle Potrero, off of Stirling Dickinson and across from the Academia Internacional, in the empty parking lot. Thursday-Saturday, 6-10pm.

DiscoverSMA

I highly recommend Dr Santiago Casal who is at Hospital H+ with a cardiology team. He is also an Internist and I was able to have an electrocardiogram in his office. Speaks perfect English and lives in SMA.